PDF Online Form Frequently Asked Questions
Conditional Logic for PDF
Question: Can I hide a text input if the user selects a specific option in the drop-down field?
Answer: Yes! With PlatoForms Logic for PDF feature, you can control your forms—enable/disable functionalities, show/hide fields, jump to a specific page, run a calculation for numbers, and more. To customize the conditional logic of your PDFs, refer to the instructions below:
- Log in to your PlatoForms account.
- Choose a form. Click the edit button.
- At the menu bar on top, choose “Logic”.
- Click ‘Create Logic for Your Form’.
- First, select the specific field, in this case, I selected #2 Country of nationality, which you want to use as a logical condition, by clicking on the “field” after “If”.
- Once you select a specific field, you can choose how to direct it. For example, I would expect that if field #2 (Country of citizenship) is not answered, certain fields would be hidden, I would select “is not answered” and then after the word “then” select “hidden”
- In the new pop fields after “then hide”, select the fields you want to hide. So this complete logic will hide fields #5 (City or town state) and #10(Foreign Tax Identify) if field #2(Country of citizenship) is not answered.
Note: You can add and delete logic conditions (after “if”) or actions (after “then”) with the - and + buttons.
Upon completing your logic, make sure that the ‘Incomplete’ button turns into ‘valid’.
- If you want to duplicate the logic, you can click the ‘Duplicate’ button.
Note: You can easily move these sections from top to bottom with the drop and down feature:
Note: You might build multiple logic in one form—to avoid confusion, you can name your logic into that ‘Note’ button. This will allow you to remember your logic and its functionality:
After customizing your logic, you can test the logic in the form preview
Once you’re published the form, the valid logic will be live on the real form.
We hope you find this tutorial helpful! If you have other questions, just ask us here.