PDF Online Form Frequently Asked Questions
How to reuse my work if PDF has the updates
Question: I have built a complicated PDF online form of an employee that took me a few days. However, my HR supervisor sent an updated employee PDF file with new details about Vaccination Date and Vaccination Expiry Dates. How can I use this new PDF in my form? Should I create a form with this new PDF? It can possibly take me a few days to do that again, is there any way to avoid that?
Answer: Yes, you can reuse the existing PDF online form with an updated PDF file by the Clone Feature. This article will describe how to use the clone feature to rebuild your form with a new PDF without the hassle of manually editing or redoing the PDF online form you created for days.
What is Clone Feature?
Clone Feature is a feature that helps you duplicate one PDF online form to another new form. This feature is present and usable for all types of forms created inside PlatoForms, i.e., PDF online forms, PDF web form, Master Form, and its linked forms.
Under the Clone Feature, there are three options where you can choose from. You can either choose to Reuse PDF File, Reuse Form Fields, or Create Master Form.
To solve your issue, you will need to use the “Reuse Form Fields” *option so you can reuse the existing online form’s fields with the new updated PDF. Once the clone process is done, a new PDF online form will be created with all fields, logic, and settings from your old form, but with the new PDF.
For more detailed steps on how to use the Clone Feature, read the information below.
How to Use the Clone Feature
- Log in to your PlatoForms account.
- Go to Dashboard and make sure that you are on your form section; here is Online Form.
- Find your old PDF online form and start updating it. Once you find it, hover over it, and click the icon located on its top right corner to see the options.
- Click on Clone Form.
- After that, the Clone Form window will appear, and you will be given three options: Reuse PDF File, Reuse Form Fields, and Create Master Form. You need to use the Reuse PDF File option this time, so toggle on the button next to it and click Clone.
- If the order of pages is different from the old PDF online form, toggle on the option located at the above center of your screen.
- Then click Upload or drag the PDF file with new details.
- If you toggle on the option for PDF pages in the new order, you will be asked to remap the pages. From there, you will be able to rearrange the PDF pages and delete some if necessary. (Note: Using this option only if your new PDF has different page orders with old one)
- Click Done if you’re satisfied with the order of the pages.
- After that, you will land on the PDF form editor. Note, now you are in a completed new form that includes the same fields, logic, and settings as your old form.
Now, your employees or teammates can submit PDF online form with the new details you grabbed from the updated PDF file saved on your computer.
We hope you find this tutorial helpful! If you have other questions, contact us here.