“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.”, says Paul J. Meyer.
When we accomplish our tasks, our brain releases dopamine that gives us the feeling of happiness and satisfaction. The reason why somehow we’re addicted to the goal of taking something off our to-do list.
However, no matter how much we love being productive, we still struggle with it. With our attention span that lasts only for 12 seconds (which is shorter than a goldfish’s!), staying focused and productive in a day is indeed challenging.
This situation’s even made harder with the work-from-home setup!
Who will not get distracted with pets seeking attention, kids asking for food, and other personal matters that can steal your time for work? Admit it; there are times that they’re hard to resist.
Table of Contents
List of distractions that hinder you from being productive:
- Lack of knowledge about the task
When you’re unfamiliar with a task, it’ll undoubtedly take time for you to learn and successfully do it.
- Social Media
According to Frontiers in Psychology, we tend to get distracted by social media because of our desire to feel connected and stay updated with what’s happening in the world. Who doesn’t use social media nowadays? Social Media is good not until you miss your essential tasks due to overusing it.
- Your working schedule
If you find it difficult to focus, it’s also possible that your working schedule is the problem. One of the Forbes articles mentioned that employees working in a flexible schedule are more productive than the 9-5 employees. Proving that your working schedule can affect your productivity as well.
- Unidentified end goal
Another thing that affects your productivity is your task direction. If you lack direction, it would be harder to focus. It’s either you’ll get stuck with identifying the goals that you should meet in doing the task or just lose your motivation because you’re unsure of what or how to do your task.
Indeed, there are lots of things that can affect productivity! All thanks to technology because we’re now starting to resolve this issue. Productivity tools are now available to help people achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
What are the tech tools I can use to improve my productivity?
Get ready to achieve more and do more. Improve your productivity with these top tech productivity tools:
PDFs are widely used in many industries nowadays but filling them in could be time-consuming. Thanks to the PDF tools like PlatoForms that allow people to create, build, and complete filling in PDF forms online. PlatoForms helps you skip the time-consuming scanning, downloading, and printing tasks giving you extra time for more critical activities.
Here’s a list of features that make PlatoForms one of the best productivity tools:
- Effortless PDF creation using a simple interface.
- Hassle-free collaboration with PlatoForms Teams.
- Quickly Convert PDF to online fillable forms.
- Streamlined process with PDF form Workflows.
Are you having trouble managing your tasks and the time you allot on each of them? Clockify is the answer to that problem.
Clockify is an application that allows you to track the time you spend on specific tasks. With Clockify, it would be easier to manage your tasks and allot particular time or schedule on each of them. If you love timing yourself and if it’s more effective for you, Clockify is the best time tracker option.
Here’s a list of features that make Clockify one of the best productivity tools:
- Monitor the time you spend on each task using Time Tracker.
- Log weekly activities and schedule in a few minutes with the help of a Timesheet.
- See a visual representation of the tasks you accomplished using the Calendar.
- Schedule projects and give yourself deadlines through the Scheduling feature.
As its name implies, it’s a calendar application that you can use to easily assign tasks for yourself and for your team members. Calendar helps you list tasks and errands in a more organized manner.
Here’s a list of features that make Calendar one of the best productivity tools:
- Schedule tasks with deadlines.
- Quickly Assign tasks for your team members.
- Connect other calendars such as Google Calendar, Outlook, and Office 365.
- Save time with automatic meeting transcriptions.
Communication is essential for productivity. Without proper communication with your teammates, it would be difficult to identify the direction of your tasks, making you unproductive. It’s a good thing that communication tools like Slack provides channels that allow you to communicate with your teammates even when you’re from different places.
Here’s a list of features that make Slack one of the best productivity tools:
- Quickly ask questions regarding your tasks with Slack channels.
- Connect with your teammates whenever and wherever you are.
- Set goals through video and voice call meetings.
- Get instant notifications from your most used applications through integration.
Pro Tip: You can connect PlatoFoms online PDF tool with Slack and get instant notifications about your forms through API integration.
5. Google Calendar
It’s a calendar tool by Google that allows you to set schedules and get reminders for due dates. It’s one of the most common and most used calendar apps because of its clean and simple design– making it perfect for tech noobs!
Here’s a list of features that make Google Calendar one of the best productivity tools:
- Schedule your tasks and receive reminders.
- Instantly set meetings and appointments with full details.
- Share your calendar with the people in your team.
- Access your calendar and check your schedule using your mobile devices.
Asana is one of the well-known project management tools used by companies around the globe. There’s no doubt about that because it’s easy to use, and it provides everyone in the team with a smooth workflow process.
Here’s a list of features that make Asana one of the best productivity tools:
- Organize your projects using a list or a kanban board.
- Break down each of your tasks under a project and set starting dates and deadlines.
- Assign people on specific tasks or subtasks.
- Comment on each task for direction and clarity.
If there’s a holy grail among conference meeting apps, it would be Zoom. Most people love to use it because it’s accessible on almost all smart devices, making group communication hassle-free.
Here’s a list of features that make Zoom one of the best productivity tools:
- Set one on one meetings to set task goals and directions.
- Record meetings for future task references.
- Let your team understand goals better through screen sharing.
One of the best ways to get rid of tedious tasks is to automate them! To do that, you’ll need to use tools like Zapier. It’s an automation tool that allows you to connect applications and achieve a more streamlined workflow. Zapier indeed is an excellent time and energy-saver.
Here’s a list of features that make Zapier one of the best productivity tools:
- Automatically finish tedious routine tasks and use your extra time for more critical tasks.
- Create a workflow by connecting your online applications.
Taskade is another project management tool made for collaboration. It’s made with a simple design, allowing you to easily list and monitor your team’s tasks even when working remotely.
Here’s a list of features that make Taskade one of the best productivity tools:
- Assign, list, and schedule tasks for yourself and your team.
- Create workflows for task goal direction.
- Use Pomodoro Timer to time yourself.
- Communicate with your team remotely through chats and task comments.
GanttPro will help you avoid wasting time by keeping you and your team on the same page. It helps you instantly monitor task progress through a visually appealing timeline chart.
Here’s a list of features that make GanttPro one of the best productivity tools:
- Assign and manage tasks efficiently.
- Communicate with your teammates through comments and file sharing.
- Log your time for each job you accomplished.
The advantages of using productivity tools
With the help of the right tools, you can productively achieve your personal or professional goals by rendering benefits such as hassle-free time and task management, leveled-up team collaboration, and improved workflow.
Read more: Best Productivity Blogs You Can Follow
Stay productive with PlatoForms
Streamline your process and enhance your productivity with thePlatoForms Online PDF tool. PlatoForms makes converting PDF files to forms hassle-free. It allows you to upload your existing PDF and edit it easily. Its features also include PlatoForms Teams, allowing you to work productively with your team! Complete your PDF filling process with PlatoForms. Sign up here.