We are all familiar with how hospitality businesses operate–the usual greetings, escort services, food assistance, hotel bookings, and more. While it is common for businesses providing hospitality to offer a 5-star customer experience, what most companies in this field don’t pay attention to is the customer’s data gathering and management.
In this article, we will tackle how our online form filler and its ability to convert PDFs to online forms can streamline your data collection–improving the data collection of your restaurant, hotel, and all kinds of the hospitality business.
Table of Contents:
What are the businesses in the hospitality industry?
As described by Wikipedia, the five most common businesses in the hospitality industry are food and beverage, lodging/accommodation, travel and tourism, timeshare, and entertainment.
- Food and beverage: Aside from restaurants and food chains, some of the common examples of food and beverage businesses are catering, pubs, coffee shops, and food stores.
- Lodging and accommodation: This industry includes hotels, travel inns, and resorts.
- Travel and tourism: This section includes airlines, cruise ships, and trains.
- Timeshare: Timeshare is a part of the hospitality industry because it provides leisure of some sort–a vacation. Properties such as condos, resorts, and vacation units are rented for a certain amount of time for fun or vacation purposes.
- Entertainment: The most common entertainment businesses are bars, sports and gaming, nightclubs, and private yachts.
The importance of a PDF form creator
One of the most difficult part of processing papers online is how to fill up PDF forms without the need of printing them and scanning them up again back to your computer, because that’s old-school. This is where PlatoForms comes into play. You can use it as a PDF filler but as well as a PDF Form Creator.
What does a PDF Form Creator means? Basically, it lets you create a form right from the scratch and build it into a PDF form that you can use to share with other users. But, that is just the summary of it because there are a lot of features and perks behind it that is actually the reason why a lot users prefer to create a PDF form using PlatoForms.
The cons of using paper forms in the hospitality business and why converting PDFs to online forms can change this
Although the challenges of hospitality businesses are vast to explore, one of the most common struggles that these organizations face is data collection and management. Since most of the restaurants, bars, and other businesses still use paper forms for reservations, this can lead to unexpected errors and an unorganized process.
Using paper forms can lead to endless disadvantages, including:
- Long queues: One of the reasons why long queues are common is because of the manual filling out of forms during the reservation. Because people need to fill out their information one by one, this can take a long time.
- Long reservation process: Manual filling out of forms not just wastes the time of the customers, but also the internal process of the employees themselves. It is rare for businesses to spend ten people on the front desk to handle each restaurant reservation.
- Unnecessary cost: Paper forms are expensive–imagine spending a huge amount of money on reservation forms. Since paper forms are limited, the resource of this can affect the business if there are many customers that need to be assisted.
- Disorganized data: Paper forms are messy and easy to lose. Using papers can be difficult to track–additionally, it takes a long time to manage.
Importance of converting PDFs to online forms for the hospitality businesses
Because of PDF online form builders like PlatoForms, hospitality businesses don’t have to spend tons of money just for printing and buying papers anymore. Our software can enable you to turn PDFs into online forms, conduct online form submissions, make pdf form filler online, and more. Not only will you improve your data collection, but you will also provide a much better customer experience. Here are some of the pros of using PDF online forms for your hospitality business:
- Faster check-ins: Utilizing online form submissions can get rid of long queues and complicated check-ins. Our online form builder allows you to send PDF forms online to your clients–now, they don’t have to wait for their turn to fill out customer forms.
- Limitless reservations: Just imagine how a reservation without limitations can boost your customer experience–your clients won’t have to wait in line or call you just to reserve a dining seat. With PlatoForms as an online form builder, they can simply fill out forms anywhere, and anytime.
- Save money from paper forms: Aside from hospitality businesses, law firms spend more money on papers with an average of $1,000 per employee annually. Going digital will save your restaurant from spending money on papers, printing machines, and inks. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about the paper limitations–with online PDF forms, you can send as many forms as you wish!
- Lesser mistakes: Aside from the convenience, online form builders aren’t so harsh about errors. Unlike papers, wrong spellings can be deleted in seconds with a backspace–you don’t have to waste another paper just for a single mistake.
- Secured storage: Since form submissions are online, you can’t lose your paper forms from inevitable disasters or theft. Our online forms are stored with any type of drive you use–Google Drive, iCloud, and more. Aside from this, our forms are HIPAA-compliant. Through this, hospitals and other organizations can confidently collect the most confidential information using our software.
Read more: HIPAA Compliance: Your 2021 Definitive Guide
Increase the number of your customers: With the convenience of online PDF forms, your employees will be freed from too much workload, and, your customers will also thank you for it!
Aside from PDF online forms, PlatoForms also serves as a PDF form filler, too! If you have existing PDFs that you want to use, you can upload them to our software, convert them to web form, and embed it on your website or business page.
Read also: Tips on Maximizing the Web form feature
With digitalized forms, you don’t have to worry about cabinets or physical storage anymore. Our cloud drive connection enables you to store your forms online–some of the most common cloud drives are:
- Google Drive
Create online PDF forms for your hospitality business with PlatoForms
Upon connecting your PlatoForms account to your cloud storage, you can freely upload your files to the drive anytime. This allows you to access your forms anytime without going through several drawers or places.
There are more features for you to uncover in PlatoForms that most PDF form creator tools don’t have. This includes the Form Designer feature. With this feature, you can adjust the form width, the color of the input background and border, the page and form background, the label and title color, and a lot more. You can use this to white-label your PDF form according to your brand or preferred style.
Want to take the form designing to a new level? There’s a Custom CSS feature as well! But, of course, this is for more technical users who already know how to use CSS styles. On the form designer, choose the CSS tab so you can add your CSS styles on the box and override the regular form style.
Needing an online form builder that can convert your PDFs to online forms? for your hospitality business today? Sign up now here and streamline your organization!