Millions of people prefer using files in PDF formats because it doesn’t ruin the quality of the file and is compatible with most devices.
Once you publish or download them, you won’t be able to edit or redesign them unless you use a PDF editor tool. Using one can be time-consuming: from the moment you download a PDF to using an editor to open it. Not to mention, filling it out, uploading it again, and sending it.
It’s a good thing that today, making online fillable PDFs PDFs isn’t limited to using PDF editors anymore. We can now share and fill PDFs online without the repetitive process of downloading and uploading them through online tools
How do we do it? By using online fillable PDFs!
Online fillable PDFs are a game-changer for us because it makes sharing and filling out PDFs faster and easier.
One of the things you’d love about an online fillable PDF is that you can send it through email and let your team or clients fill it without having to open another tool. In this article, we will discuss how you can turn your PDFs into online fillable forms, and send them through email.
Table of Contents
Make fillable PDF forms using a PDF editor
Since using online fillable PDF forms is on the rise, PDF software like PlatoForms can help you easily make PDFs fillable online. PlatoForms is a versatile online PDF tool that enables you to build, edit, design, and turn a PDF into a fillable form.
This tool includes the following features:
- Convert PDF to Web Form
- Make PDF Online Form
- Create Master Form
- Create Workflows
- Send Pre-filled Invitation Forms
To add, it also allows you to connect your Cloud drive account for storage and other applications like Zapier, Slack, and more for automation.
Pro Tip: You can start using the PlatoForms PDF tool to convert your PDF into online forms for free. All you have to do is to sign up; no need for a credit card or payment details. Just keep in mind that a free subscription has limited features.
Create your forms
Now that you’ve figured out the tools that you need, let’s now proceed to the next step which is making your online PDF fillable forms.
Step-by-step guide in making your online PDF fillable forms
- Log in to your PlatoForms account.
- After logging in, you will land on the PDF tool’s dashboard. From there, find the purple Start to Build button and click on it.
- Choose from these two options:
- Create Online Form for an Existing PDF
- Create PDF Form from Scratch
If you want to make a fillable PDF form using an existing PDF file, here are the steps to follow:
- Click Create Online Form for an Existing PDF.
- Drop or upload the PDF file that you want to turn into a fillable PDF.
- Click Build a PDF Online Form.
- Start editing your form using the PDF editor tool.
- Once you’re satisfied with your design, format, and form fields, click Publish.
On the other hand, if you want to make a fillable PDF form from scratch, you can follow these steps:
- Click Create PDF Form from Scratch.
- Start building your PDF form by adding fields and other details.
- Once you’re satisfied with your online fillable PDF, click Publish.
With the help of the right tool, making your PDFs fillable online is faster and easier.
Share your online PDF forms
After converting your PDF forms into fillable forms, you are now ready to send your forms to your team and your clients, here are the methods you can use to share your fillable PDF form with them:
Share your online PDF form link
A published fillable PDF form comes with a shareable link that you can send to anyone. To get the shareable link of your online fillable PDF, click on the gear icon located at the top right corner of its preview and click Share. After that, you’ll land on the Share Your Form window, and from there, you’ll be able to copy the link. You can share the link by posting it on blogs, social media, and emails.
Use the online PDF form’s embeddable script
Aside from a shareable link, you can also copy the online fillable PDF’s embeddable script and paste it on your site. To do that, you need to copy the embeddable code from the Share Your Form window mentioned above and paste it on your website.
Setup email invitation to fill your online fillable PDF form
On the other hand, if you prefer to send an email invitation to people who will fill out the form, you can set that up on your dashboard. This is the best option if you want a more organized and formal process.
Here’s how to do it:
- On your PlatoForms dashboard, find the PDF that you want to send via email.
- Click the gear icon and select Invitation.
- From there you can set up the email. You can add or edit the subject, add content instructions, and more. You can also put multiple emails in the “Email to” section.
- If you’re good with your email invitation, click Save.
E-mailing completed fillable PDF forms
For more convenience, you can also choose to set up an email notification to receive and send completed fillable PDF forms.
How to set up email notifications for completed online PDF forms
- On the preview of the online fillable PDF form, click on the gear icon located at the top right corner, and choose Notification.
- Once you land on the Notification window, you’ll also see the sections where you can set up the email. From there, you can write the content, put fields, email subjects, and email recipients.
- If you’re all good with your completed PDF form email notification, don’t forget to click save.
Make online fillable forms with PlatoForms
Love using fillable PDF forms? PlatoForms is the PDF tool that will surely help you easily make and turn your PDFs into online forms. Sign up here and start creating your fillable PDF or converting your PDFs to fillable forms online.